As South Jordan continues to grow rapidly, it is crucial our city grows with vision and purpose. City leaders need to make certain that growth enhances and strengthens our community.
- As a member of the General Master Plan committee, I promoted wise growth that will continue to make South Jordan a place where people want to live, work, and play.
- As your city council member, I will continue to work hard to make certain that land is developed in a way that strengthens and enhances our city.
- It is imperative that the city grows according to the needs and best interests of all residents. As your representative, I will work to preserve established neighborhoods by developing the land in harmony with already established communities.
- South Jordan’s commercial land is a valuable resource to the city’s growth. I will work to encourage commercial development that will provide great jobs for our residents and enhance our quality of life.
Having a safe city to live in makes for a better quality of life
- I have voted every year to fund additional first responders.
- I voted to fund the building of Station 64 (the new fire/police station on the west side). This will decrease our first responder’s response times to emergencies throughout the city.
- I will continue to work with all the city’s first responders to make certain they have the adequate staff and equipment they need to keep our city safe.
South Jordan is a thriving city. With our continued growth, I will make certain taxes paid by residents are fair for the services rendered and that tax dollars are spent efficiently and wisely. I will also work to ensure that the city has the resources it needs to continue to maintain our great city.
Everyone in the city benefits from an effective transportation system, whether it’s having a transportation system that allows for a smooth commute or allows businesses to move products efficiently.
- I supported the below grade placement of Bangerter Highway at the 10400 South interchange.
- As your representative, I will continue to work hard to ensure that essential roads and highways are built in our city.
Parks, Trails, and Open Spaces
South Jordan’s land is a limited resource. We need to continue to provide and preserve quality parks, trails, and open spaces.
- As a member of the City Council, I voted to create the Bingham Creek Regional Park Authority, which will allow South Jordan and its residents to have a voice in the operations and development of the Bingham Creek Regional Park.
- I voted to reinvest and improve Mulligans.
- I will continue to work to preserve destinations, like Mulligan’s and the Jordan River Trail system, which make our city a great place to live.
I believe that strong communities make great cities. Our communities are enhanced when we have great city events and activities, when we have access to art and music, when we have recreational opportunities, and great public spaces.
- I love the arts and have been a champion for the arts program in our city.
- As the Arts Council liaison, I supported the Arts Council in bringing The Sound of Music to our city in 2019.
- I also voted to save Glenmoor Golf Course, one of our city’s recreational gems.
- I will continue to look for ways to strengthen and enhance our communities.